Thursday 23 July 2009

Windows cannot bind to XXX domain. (Invalid Credentials) - Event ID: 1006 and 1030

Problem
You probably noticed that I’m checking through the event logs of our servers. I found another issue today! This one is related to a Windows Server issue.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1006
User: admin.XXX
Description:
Windows cannot bind to XXX domain. (Invalid Credentials). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

and
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1030
User: admin.XXX
Description:
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Solution
I browsed a couple of Google results and found an interesting post.

5 Jan 2006 2:43 PM scole
I am not positive, but I think there was a problem with someone remoting into the server and never logging out. Then their password changed. I was able to go in and kill their connection (which had been open for 5 months). Hope this helps.
Source

I looked into the Terminal Services Manager and found a user that was "idle" for a while. I told the manager to logout the user. After a few hours I checked the event log again and noticed that the errors were no longer occurring.

Guess this solved the problem! :-)


2 comments:

Harold Simon said...

Thanks for posting this! Seems like complicated message but has such a simple solution!

Anonymous said...

Thank's for the post, solved my issue as well!!

Post a Comment