Thursday 29 October 2009

The directory is not a subdirectory of the root directory. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070090)

Issue
When developing a new Site Column in XML I received: “The directory is not a subdirectory of the root directory. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070090)”.


Problem
Somehow the Site couldn’t create the basic Site Columns, etc. When exploring I noticed that one of my Solutions was giving an error. I redeployed it using the '-force' parameter.

Solution
I actually didn't find a solution, somehow retracting and deploying the solution solved my problem. If you found or know any other explanation please leave a message!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stuck with same error, but doing directly from Site settings page. No google results as well :-(

Anonymous said...

got it also while recovering a .cmp file via sharepoint designer

Anonymous said...

I'm also receiving it while restoring a .cmp file in designer.

Bhagwant said...

Do iisreset and try

Anonymous said...

thx @Bhagwant; iisreset worked for me :)

Post a Comment