Thursday 14 January 2010

The resource object with key 'NamexxxField' was not found

Normaly a solution deployment would copy important dll's, resource files etc. to the Global_Resources map in your (inetpub) web applications bin directory. Somehow one of my build SharePoint solutions didn't copied those file during deployment.

I recieved the following message

Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException Exception Message: The resource object with key 'NamexxxField' was not found.
I needed to execute the following command to fix the problem:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server
extensions\12\BIN\STSADM.exe" -o copyappbincontent
After that SharePoint had copied the files and my solution worked correctly, but my wsp needed futher investigation.

Source: http://software.sharepointsolutions.com/Community/t/75.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment