Thursday 3 November 2011

Farm administrator can't add new web application or extend/delete an existing one

Case
I was working on a fresh VM installation, installing and configuring my SharePoint Environment. Unfortunately I stumbled on the problem not being able to remove the default
Web Application or creating a new one.


Problem
I started checking if all my permissions where sufficient. I checked Farm Administrators, WPG roles, Config Wizard, SQL Permissions, but it didn’t make any difference.


Solution
As a last resort I starting checking my client settings. It didn’t make sense how, but this was where the solution was hiding.


I assumed that, because some functions worked and some didn’t, that the page worked as expected. There were no script errors or messages from IE 9 that things didn’t work proper. Apparently execution or loading some active x or script was being blocked, because the page worked fine after applying some changed settings and restarting IE:



I noticed that the Uri of the Web application was a ‘trusted sites’, thought
it was running on my local machine. I added the Uri to the correct internet
security policy. Just go to internet options, click security tab, remove the Uri
from 'trusted sites' and add it to 'local intranet'.

No comments:

Post a Comment